Great Ocean Road Classic Tour by Bunyip Tours ( BGOR )
- Beach stop on long golden surf beach with glorious views
- Coastal towns of Lorne and Apollo Bay
- Iconic Cape Otway Lighthouse dominates towering cliffs where Bass Strait and the Southern Ocean collide. Learn the ancient history of the Aboriginal owners, the Gadubanud people.
- Look for koalas & native birds in the wild!
- Aussie lunch provided
- Rainforest Experience – Take in the luscious green surrounds of Otway Rangers rainforests and some of Australia`s tallest eucalyptus trees.
- Step down to the beach at Gibson`s Steps, gateway to the 12 Apostles
- Loch Ard Gorge the history of the cruel Shipwreck Coast unfolds on a stroll along this historic beach
- World famous 12 Apostles – This is what you’ve been waiting for! You’ll be dwarfed by the soaring cliffs and the mysterious limestone towers that were created by erosion of the cliffs.
- All park entrance fees
- Aussie lunch (sausages and salad)
- Tea / coffee / biscuits
- Friendly and informative tour guide
MAKE SURE YOUR GREAT OCEAN ROAD EXPERIENCE IS EPIC!
Travel down the Great Ocean Road and see the Twelve Apostles. Discover first hand why this trip has become a tourism pilgrimage for so many.
You will be awestruck by the natural beauty as we take you through the Surf Coast region of Victoria. Stop at some of the seaside holiday villages and look out for the local wildlife, including Koalas, King Parrots and Sulphur Crested Cockatoos.
Take in the cool climate rainforests as you travel through the Otway Ranges before coming to Cape Otway where you can climb mainland Australia’s oldest lighthouse.
To give you strength to climb to the top tuck into an authentic Aussie barbecue on the lawns outside the historic lighthouse keepers quarters.
This will be a day you will remember forever.
- During peak times Parks Vic may close Gibsons Beach from time to time due to due safety concerns posed by excessive crowds
- PLEASE NOTE on Christmas Day our itinerary is slightly altered and will NOT visit Cape Otway Lighthouse and will also provide a picnic lunch
OPTIONS (MUST BE PRE-BOOKED)
- A Helicopter flight – Take a 15 min helicopter flight over the Twelve Apostles! ($145)
- Hop on / Hop off (Overnight or extended coastal stay) Stay overnight or longer and enjoy the freedom to explore the laidback seaside villages of Torquay, Lorne, Apollo Bay or Port Campbell. Only a small day pack is allowed, maximum 5kg ($30)
* All options must be pre-booked
YOU SHOULD BRING (ADVISABLE)
- Appropriate clothing for all weather conditions
- Snacks & Water bottle
- Bathers for swimming (time permitting)
Our tour departs between 7.15 am – 7.30 am from Bunyip Tour Office and returns approximately 8.30 pm
About Bunyip Tours
Bunyip Tours has been making people’s dreams a reality for over 19 years and is one of Melbourne’s premier small group tour operators. Over the journey we have won multiple tourism awards, gaining Tourism Victoria Hall of Fame status in 2010 and more recently were awarded Best Major Tour & Transport Operator in Victoria Tourism Awards in 2016. Since then Bunyip Tours has continued to grow and now offers a great variety of fantastic tours. From our favourites like the Great Ocean Road or Phillip Island Penguin Parade, to newer adventures such as the High Country – Melbourne to Sydney Farmstay tour, we have something to suit everyone, so let us take you on a journey. With small group sizes, maximum 24 people, you know you will be part of an interactive experience with one of our talented and fun guides keeping you informed and entertained the whole way. Bunyip Tours will get you up close and personal with Australia’s iconic wildlife, making that perfect Kangaroo or Koala selfie an absolute breeze. Come experience some of the most amazing landscapes this part of the world has to offer.
We believe our point of difference is what sets us apart and offer several different tours to most destinations giving guests even more flexibility. From the Twelve Apostles to Wilson’s Promontory, Summerland Peninsula or Dandenong Ranges, we have something to blow everyone away. We pride ourselves on being an Eco-certified operator and our tours are 100% carbon neutral. Our guides offer expert commentary that will quench your thirst for info about our Aussie culture, wonderful wildlife, unique history and so much more. Come and see some of the best sights this part of Australia has to offer. Your adventure starts Bunyip Tours! Follow the Bunyip & lighten your eco-footprint At Bunyip Tours we have audited our primary energy usage and balanced our carbon footprint by planting local native vegetation to restore biodiversity and act as a ‘sink’ for our companies carbon emissions. Bunyip Tours has been accredited by Eco Tourism Australia, by following the Bunyip you are supporting a company that is responsible for it’s impact on the environment and supporting responsible tourism.